Monday, March 3, 2014

Travelling Vicariously

Soundcloud is another form of social media I am only just discovering. One Kristian Boruff discovered me through Soundcloud and asked to use my performance of Neil Gow's Lament. I was very surprised to get Boruff's message saying, "I've found a number of versions online, however yours is the best."

Boruff is a young American who spent nearly a month in Germany last summer visiting family, and has since been posting intensely compact - and hilarious - travelogue episodes. Averaging about 2 minutes, each Youtube video captures a day of Boruff's "Adventures in Deutschland" built with his own photos, video, and other borrowed images - all accompanied with sound effects including some taken from Soundcloud.

In this episode, he  opens with a Ken Burns-like montage accompanied by yours truly - only with the Neil Gow ballad, not the Ashokan Farewell - but only for a few moments. The result is quite amusing.


No comments:

Post a Comment